Over the past few weeks I’ve had several people asking me about remodeling. Knowing that I work in the business, friends often come to me with questions on their projects but the questions I’m getting now are all about how business is, are we busy, is now a good time to remodel, etc. I generally take from my experience in the industry to answer those questions but this week the National Association of Homebuilders did the work for me. I received an email this week that gives the 10 best reasons to remodel now and wanted to share them with you:
- Low Interest Rates – Interest rates are at historic lows and now is the time to get the best rate on a loan for your remodel before rates begin to increase again.
- Maintenance and Repair – There is never a bad time to repair the things that are broken. Regular maintenance and repairs can save on energy costs, improve the home’s value and save on larger, more expensive repairs later.
- Increasing Home Value – Smart remodeling will increase your home’s value. Some good examples are bathroom additions, kitchen remodels and replacement of siding.
- Every Home Needs a Facelift Once In a While – Updating your home makes it more comfortable and functional. Replacing cabinets, light and plumbing fixtures, painting or installing new appliances are easy ways to create a “new” space.
- Energy Savings – Saving on energy resources can save money. Over time reduced energy bills and long-life products such as lights will help to pay for your remodeling costs.
- Improving Curb Appeal – New siding, fresh paint, clean gutters, and more greatly improve the first impression of your home. This can increase overall value and will add to the sales potential of your home if you are planning to put it on the market.
- Outdoor Living Spaces – The addition, updating or expansion of decks, patios or porches can add more living and entertainment space without the expense of expanding your home.
- Kitchen Remodels Add to Functionality – Cramped or poorly laid out kitchens can take up a lot of time. A good design, new appliances and updated spaces can make your kitchen work better.
- Bathroom Remodels or Additions Improve Comfort and Value – A bathroom addition can increase a home’s value by up to 20%. New fixtures, lighting and amenities will also add to the value as well as the functionality and relaxation of an existing bathroom.
- Aging-in-Place or Universal Design Increase Home Accessibility – Whether pre-planning for your own future or the possible addition of elderly family members to your home, Universal Design will make your home accessible to everyone.
Feel free to give me a call at 714-558-1094 ext. 707 if you have any questions about your remodeling plans and whether now is a good time for you or if you want to know more about any of the projects listed above.