There’s really something special about this time of year. School is out, families are heading off on vacations, the sun is shining, and the temperature is just right. Summer here in Southern California is like no place else on Earth and just looking out at the bright sunny days makes me want to bottle some of that and bring it indoors. Now, since I want all the things that I love about summer without actually being outside 24/7 or inviting in all of nature’s wonderful creatures inside, I’ve found a compromise.
Here are 7 Tips to Bring Summer Inside Your Orange County Home:
1. Add bright summer colors with a rug. You can put a bright and colorful rug anywhere in your home, even the kitchen! Just get an indoor-outdoor rug and you won’t have to worry about stains or messes.
2. Put the lime in the coconut. Or, at least in the basket. Use fresh fruits like lemons and limes in bowls to add a bright touch to the kitchen. Bonus – you’ll have them right at hand when you mix up those summer afternoon margaritas!
3. Bring your kitchen to life with fresh herbs. Growing herbs like basil, cilantro, mint, and more is super simple and can be done right on your kitchen counter. Grab a starter kit and get the whole family in on the project. Watching them grow is great and then using them in recipes is even better.
4. Who needs an ice cream truck? Electric ice cream makers are big sellers these days. It’s a fun way to spend quality time together in the kitchen and a great way to cool down after a hot day.
5. Refresh your walls and shelves. Change up those old, muted tone paintings on the wall to fresh, vibrant colors and replace old knick knacks on shelves with brightly colored alternatives. You can even brighten up a bookshelf with some new titles.
6. Sunflowers. That’s it, just one word. These gorgeous florals scream summer and look fabulous on any counter, shelf or table.
7. Add a touch of nature. Simple things like a small piece of driftwood from a day at the beach, a handful of shells, or even palm fronds can change an entire room. Always make sure anything you bring in from outside is clean and free of any tiny inhabitants, then make it one of the focal points of a room.
Whatever you do to bring some of the outdoors in this summer, don’t forget to get outside and enjoy the actual sunshine. It’s the perfect time of year for your family to get out and begin a new adventure. If your summer adventures happen to include some home renovations, give us a call at 714-558-1094 or message us online. We’d love to see how we can help.